Chair of Physical Chemistry
- Electrical double layer structure, adsorption kinetics of ions and organic compounds on atomically regual ideally flat as well as geometrically and energetically heterogeneous bismuth, cadmium, nickel and carbon electrodes are studied by in situ AFM and STM, X-ray diffraction, SEM, in situ SNIFTIR, electrochemical impedance, cyclic voltammetry, rotating disk and ring-disk electrodes methods.
- Influence of the structure and chemical composition on the two-dimensional condensation process is analysed.
- Influence of chemical composition and hierarchical porosity of the solid oxide fuel cell materials (La1-xSrxCoO3-d, Pr1-xSrxCoO3-d, Gd1-xSrxCoO3-d, Ce1-xSmxO2-d, Ni-Ce1-xSmxO2-d, Ce1-xGdxO2-d,) on the electro-reduction of molecualr oxygen and electro-oxidation of H2, CH4, CH3OH, as well as on the power and energy densities of the single cells of SOFCs is studied.
- Estonian Centre of Excellence Advanced materials and high-technology devices for energy recuperation systems (2016-2023, PI: E. Lust)
- Institutional research funding project Functional Micro/Mesoporous materials for Novel Energy Conversion and Storage Systems (01.01.2014-31.12.2019, PI: E. Lust)
- Programme Internationalisation of Science project European Spallation Source: Estonian Partition in ESS Instrument design, development and building and application for scientific research (PI: E. Lust)